Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Story of a Girl

Thankfully I have been through this before. Crawling around the house, huge swollen ankle, hopping on one foot, excruciating pain just as I am trying to get to bed and very limited range of motion. Been there, done that.

Thursday while helping train a horse up at a barn I sprained my ankle. We had asked the horse to canter, but instead it broke out into a buckin bronc….and I think I made the 8 seconds. Either way, it wasn't stopping and by the time my feet came out of the stirrups, I knew things weren't going my way. I fell off to the right of the horse and must have landed right underneath it, because its back foot came down hard on the inside of my right ankle. At first I thought I was fine, I mean for all the times I have fallen off horses, I have never injured myself. But I began to feel my right foot shake and immediately I tore my boot off to see my ankle slowly swelling up. Oh great….

Rachel helped me up and walked me to my truck, stopping on the way to rest in the hay as I felt like I was going to faint. I made it home before my parents left so thankfully they were able to drop me off at the ER. I didn't think it was broken, but since I had broken this ankle once before and because it had never healed properly, I wanted to be sure that no damage was done. I left the ER, with a prescription for percocet and a diagnosis of a sprained ankle.

Although I HATE not being able to walk, I think the fact that I have been through this before helps me not get too down. I do have to go back in once the swelling goes down to get x-rays to make sure that there was no damage done to any ligaments. (the ER Dr. told me that it was way too swollen to tell)

With my family gone, it is times like these that I just wish I had a boyfriend. Someone to watch movies with, walk and feed my dogs for me, feed the rabbits and cat,  and yes, a good boyfriend who wouldn't mind even picking up the dog poop. haha. Instead things like this happen to me, leaving me home alone and very immobile, causing myself to have to grow even more independent then I already am.

Everyone, please pray that it will be healed by the time I go to Jamaica.